As I understand it, Azure AD Connect will provide a one-stop shop to installing and configuring AD sync services, AD FS and the Azure AD PowerShell module. Once released, DirSync and AADSync will no longer be updated.
- The Azure AD Connect Public Preview has been updated with new capabilities including upgrade from Dirsync and AAD Sync, support for additional sync options, Additional Tasks and “Pilot Mode”. Please take a look!
- The Azure AD Connect wizard Public Preview provides a guided experience for integrating one or multiple Active Directory forests with Microsoft Azure AD. Optionally you can configure Exchange Hybrid deployment, password change write-back, AD FS and Web Application Proxy.
- Azure Active Directory Connection Home
- Azure AD Connect Public Preview Download
- Azure Active Directory Connect Public Preview (Nuno Mota)