Public Preview 2 for Azure Active Directory Connect was released on 20 March 2015. Below is a list of basic prerequisites for installing AADConnect using the express settings.
Review the Azure Active Directory (AD) Connect server requirements are found in AzureADConnectPP2Readme.docx in the download section for AADConnect.
Server Requirements (for Express Settings)
- Active Directory: Windows Server 2003 Forest Functional Level
- AD Connect Server: Windows 2008 R2 or newer; The machine must have a 64-bit OS and be a domain-joined server. No word yet on whether it will be supported to be installed on a domain controller (DC).
- Memory: Currently, there are no documented memory requirements I have found but, as with DirSync and AADSync, recommend a minimum of 4GB RAM.
- Disk Space: Currently, there are no documented disk space requirements.
- Database: SQL Express is installed by default using express settings. For over 100,000 objects, a full version of SQL Server is required using the customize options.
- Logged into AD Connect server with domain account that is a member of the Enterprise Admins group
- One Office 365 or Azure AD tenant
- Office 365 or Azure AD user with the Global Administrator role assigned