Here are several references regarding what can and cannot be managed from on premise once the last Exchange server is removed and directory sync is maintained–leaving the source of authority on premise. I was unable to find a comprehensive list but the info can be extrapolated from each.
- Decommissioning your Exchange 2010 servers in a Hybrid Deployment
- Office 365 Identity Management with DirSync without Exchange Server On-Premises
- Prepare to provision users through directory synchronization to Office 365
- Owners of an on-premises distribution group that’s synced to Office 365 can’t manage the distribution group in Exchange Online
- Office 365 with mailboxes and dirsync without Exchange on-premises
- Best practices for managing Office 365 from Active Directory
- Managing Office 365 e-mail addresses easy with PowerShell when using DirSync
If you have a link or thought to share, please leave a comment below. Thanks.